I am thankful to live near my parents, and one way we take advantage of spending time together is for the hubs and I to have them over for dinner. My sister is in town as well, so even more of an incentive to gather and feast!
I'd picked up some plums recently that were so sweet and delicious, I knew I wanted to make my dessert with them. A quick internet search brought me to an older recipe by Martha Stewart for a plum galette. I've made a couple of her recipes before and after reading through this one, I felt confident it would go over well. I was not disappointed, except that I sent home the last 3 slices with them!
What I loved:
- it came together easier than a pie
- that I forgot to let it rest 20 minutes before baking and it made no difference
- no juice from the plums leaked out of the crust, which was flaky and golden
- hazelnuts instead of almonds
- sprinkled turbinado sugar after brushing with cream
- baked for 65 minutes on convection
If you are headed for a barbecue this summer, this will be a crowd pleaser. It is easier than it looks, honest!